Mexican “meat” mix! (Vegan)
- 500g mushrooms, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium sized capsicum
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 can lentils, drained
- 1 small can corn kernals
- 1 can red kidney beans or “Mexi-beans” if your supermarket stocks them
- 1/2 packet mexican seasoning mix (check ingredients to ensure vegan)*
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. chili (dried, fresh or from a jar) (optional)
- Heat oil in a fry pan and cook onion for two minutes until it starts to go soft, then add mushrooms, cook for a further two minutes, then add beans, lentils, corn, capsicum and tomato.
- Once that has warmed up, add the mexican seasoning a couple of tsps at a time, tasting the sauce as you go ‘til you get it to a level of spiciness that suits you.
- Add chili to taste and leave “meat” and sauce to simmer for 15 mins or until it has thickened, stirring occasionally.
*If you can’t find seasoning mix, using 1- 2 tsp of spices such as paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano leaves, salt and 1/4 cup chili powder will create the same flavour!
I use this recipe for everything, tacos, burritos and is this case, nachos! A layer of plain corn chips, followed by the “meat”, put in the oven until the corn chips get a bit crispier, then I topped it with salsa, avocado and Tofutti cream cheese! Oh and instead of putting the corn in the “meat” I just put it on top ‘cause I like it fresh n_n
Vegetarian fajitas deconstructed..
Again sooo good!!
Mexican tomato rice, guacamole, mayo, black beans, salsa and hot sauce with a couple house made tortillas, salad and of course the veggie fajita!! Demolished the lot! Well not all the lettuce..
Trialled the six different hot sauces on the table..phew there was some
Hot sauce alright..authentic mexican..ohh take me to Mexico..
Chinese food products are a delicious way to expand your personal recipe book, particularly if you feel affection to utilize simple, fresh ingredients with short cooking hour.
These top ten dishes are famous worldwide, and so are must-haves within your collection of Chinese recipes.
Cx and Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe
a friend of mine just asked me for my favorite easy-to-make recipes for stove top and it’s a pretty decent list so here it is for your enjoyment.
pad thai: cook rice noodles (or linguini in a pinch) as directed. chop a red pepper + half a spring onion (sautéed veggies if so desired). mix in store…
how to make maki-zushi